Home › Win Howie's Cadillac Contest Rules
Win Howie's Cadillac Contest Rules
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Boston, LLC d/b/a WRKO ("Station") but this Contest may also be announced and/or promoted on other United States radio stations that also broadcast the Howie Carr Show (live or delayed) ("Network"). . Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station's general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station's general contest rules are available at the Station's studio at 20 Guest St, 3rd floor, Brighton, MA 02135during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station's website at WRKO.com. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase necessary.
2. There are two ways to enter this contest:
a. Listen to the Howie Carr Show at approximately 4:20pm and 6:20pm (ET) every weekday (Monday through Friday only) starting December 4, 2012 and ending on December 14, 2012 (the "Qualifying Period") for Howie Carr to prompt listeners to call in and be the 6th caller. The 6th caller to the Station's contest line at 617-931-1680 (only calls to this telephone number will be accepted – calls to other Station telephone numbers, including the Station's main telephone number, are not acceptable in this Contest) will become a qualifier and will be invited to attend the Grand Prize Event on December 20, 2012 for a chance to become the Finalist (see details below) to get a chance to win the Grand Prize (see details below), upon confirmation of eligibility and compliance with these contest rules (each, a "On-Air Qualifier"). If the Station does not receive at least 6 calls when a cue to call is played, that particular Contest play will not be repeated and the Contest will continue at the next applicable Contest play in this Contest. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts.
b. There will two more qualifying opportunities awarded during a station appearance at Olsen Cadillac, 201 Cambridge Road Woburn, MA 01801, between 10a and 11:44am on December 8, 2012. To enter, complete an entry form with the required contact information during the event entry hours and drop in the official entry box during the event. At approximately 10:45 am and 11:45am, Station will randomly pick one (1) entry from among all entries received at this event through the drawing time (a total of two (2) winners) to become qualifiers and be invited to attend the Grand Prize Event on December 20, 2012 for a chance to become the Finalist (see details below) to get a chance to win the Grand Prize (see details below), upon confirmation of eligibility and compliance with these contest rules (each, a "On-Site Qualifier"). Potential On-Site Qualifiers need not be present when his/her name is selected to be deemed qualifiers and will be contacted by someone in WRKO promotions department by either phone or email.
3. Up to 20 total qualifiers will be selected in this Contest (18 On-Air Qualifiers and 2 On-Site Qualifiers) (each a "Qualifier" and collectively "Qualifiers"). You can only qualify once.
4. Odds of qualifying depend upon mode of entry and number of entries received.
5. People who are listening to the Contest announcements on a Network radio station or internet stream are only eligible to be a Qualifier in this Contest if he/she meets all of the Station's eligibility requirements (including, without limitation, state of legal resident per the Station's general contest rules).
How to Win
6. TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE, EACH QUALIFIER MUST BE PRESENT AT THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT ON DECEMBER 20, 2012 AT KOWLOON RESTAURANT located at 948 BROADWAY SAUGUS, MA 01906 AND MUST COMPLETE REGISTRATION FOR THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT BY 3PM (ET) ("GRAND PRIZE EVENT"). QUALIFIERS MUST REMAIN UNTIL THE END OF THE "REVERSE DRAWING" TO BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME THE FINALIST.
7. Qualifiers must register with designated Station personnel upon arrival to the Grand Prize Event. Qualifiers not registered with designated WRKO staff by 3PM will be disqualified. Qualifiers' spots at the Grand Prize Event are not assignable or transferable. In order to complete registration with designated Station personnel, Qualifiers will need to produce a valid U.S. government photo I.D. and will need to sign a Release in a form acceptable to Station "as is."
8. The potential Finalist will be selected by a "reverse drawing." The reverse drawing will be conducted as follows: As Qualifiers complete registration, they will each be asked to pick a number out of a container. The numbers will range from 1 to up to 20 (depending on how many Qualifiers timely register). The number chosen by a Qualifier will be that Qualifier's official number and marked on a ball and placed into an official container by a Station representative.
9. At approximately 3:15 PM a Station representative will randomly draw one ping pong ball out of the container and the official number indicated on that ping pong ball will be announced. The Contest will proceed serially in this manner; with Qualifiers, one-by-one, whose numbers are selected (and eliminated as a result) selecting a ping pong ball from the official container and eliminating the remaining Qualifiers. The last remaining ping pong ball in the Contest container will determine the Finalist. The Qualifier whose official number matches the exact official number of the last ball remaining in the official container will, subject to confirmation of eligibility and compliance with the Contest rules:
a. win a three (3) night stay in the Lair Room at Lamb and Lion Inn, Cape Cod, MA (described below) and
b. the opportunity to select a stocking (as described below) for a chance to win the Grand Prize (see details below) (the "Finalist").
10. In order for the Grand Prize to be awarded to the Finalist, the Finalist must select one (1) stocking from the Howie Tree (there will be a total of one-hundred (100) stockings/to choose from). The Finalist will only be entitled to the Grand Prize if all of the following are satisfied:
* The Finalist's selection of a stocking from the Howie Tree must occur in the presence of the designated WRKO contest representative and the designated non-participating witness. Any attempt of the Finalist not made in the presence of the witnesses for any reason will be disqualified and Finalist will not be eligible to try again nor to win the Grand Prize.
* Each of the 100 stockings will contain one sealed contest envelope which is identical in size, shape, and color.
* Each of the sealed contest envelopes will be labeled with a number to encompass the entire range of numbers from 1 to 100. No two (2) contest envelopes will be printed with the same number within the set of one-hundred (100) contest envelopes. And there will only be one contest envelope in each of the 100 stockings.
* The Finalist will be required to select a maximum of one (1) stocking and remove the sealed contest envelope contained inside. In the event any stocking contains more than one (1) sealed contest envelope, the Finalist will then be required to select only one (1) of the sealed envelopes.
* The Finalist will then open and remove the certificate contained inside the contest envelope.
* The Finalist will reveal the enclosed certificate to the designated Station representative to determine if the certificate is a "Winning" or "Non-Winning" prize certificate.
* Opening more than one (1) sealed contest envelope for any reason will disqualify the Finalist, and void any opportunity to claim the Grand Prize
11. In order to claim the Grand Prize, the one (1) sealed contest envelope selected and opened by the Finalist must contain the "Grand Prize Winning" certificate, and the Finalist must be eligible and comply with Station and Million Dollar Media verification requirements and with these Contest rules. The winning symbol printed on the Grand Prize Winning certificate for this contest will be Howie's Cadillac Certificate or other similar text clearly distinguishing it as a "Winning" certificate. The "Non-Winning" prize certificates will be printed with "Sorry – Not a Grand Prize Winner" or other similar text clearly distinguishing it as a "Non-Winning" certificate.
12. In the event that the Finalist does not select the one (1) stocking inserted with prize envelope that contains the grand prize winning certificate, then the Grand Prize will not be awarded. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT THE CADILLAC WILL ACTUALLY BE AWARDED IN THIS CONTEST.
13. IMPORTANT: In the event of an error in the preparation of the contest materials or any tampering that results in the set of one (100) sealed contest envelopes containing more than (1) "Winning Prize Certificate" other than the designated winning envelope as designated on the master envelope (which will be verified by Million Dollar Media), that particular Finalist attempt is void. In that event, the Finalist will only be entitled to re-attempt the Contest, and will be provided a new set of sealed contest envelopes for his or her re-attempt on another date to be mutually agreed upon by the Finalist and the Station.
14. Station is not responsible for any agreements made by Qualifiers, verbal or written, to each other or to third parties due to their participation in this Contest, Contest and/or associated event or appearance with any person or entity.
15. Odds of a Qualifier becoming the Finalist are 1:20 or better if either (i) less than 20 people qualified; or (ii) less than 20 Qualifiers successfully register in time at the Grand Prize Event. Odds of the Finalist winning the Grand Prize are 1:100.
16. All Qualifiers and the Finalist must strictly follow all instructions and directions given by Station personnel at the Grand Prize Event. Failure to do so may result in immediate disqualification, as determined in the sole discretion of Station personnel.
17. QUALIFYING PRIZES: Each verified Qualifier will receive a $50 Len Libby candy basket or gift certificate (as determined by Station) and the opportunity to participate in the Grand Prize Event. There will be up to twenty (20) qualifying prizes awarded.
18. FINALIST PRIZE: The one (1) verified Finalist will also win a 3 night stay in the Lair Room at Lamb and Lion Inn, Cape Cod, MA (room and tax only …double occupancy, certificate is good only between 12/1/12 and 5/31/13 excluding holidays, reservations must be made in advance and are subject to availability, peak period restrictions and blackout dates) valued at approximately $670.20
19. GRAND PRIZE: Up to one (1) Grand Prize, if any, will be award and, if awarded, is "Howie's Cadillac" valued at approximately $57,470.94 and will only be awarded upon Grand Prize Winner validation and verification by Station and Million Dollar Media, LLC, subject to eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules ("Vehicle"), which includes state sales tax, document fee and registration fee. The Vehicle will be a 2013 SRX AWD Premium Collection GBA Black Raven AFC Ebony with Ebony accents with V6. The Vehicle is pre-determined to be similar to the actual Olsen Cadillac owned by Howie Carr, so no additional options will be available. A maximum of one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded (if at all). The only person eligible to possibly win the Grand Prize will be the one (1) Finalist. In the event of a Grand Prize winner, winner will be required to sign one or more affidavits and/or liability release agreements "as is", provide a valid US federal or state government issued photo ID, and sign an IRS W-9 before the prize is awarded. Failure to do so for any reason within three (3) business days of winning at the Grand Prize Event will result in automatic forfeiture of the Grand Prize in this Contest and disqualification of such potential Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner (if any) will not be entitled to the Grand Prize in this contest unless and until any and all additional taxes and fees are paid and the winner provides proof of insurance and accepts title to the Vehicle. If won, the Grand Prize will be transferred to the Grand Prize Winner (or similar vehicle at same or higher value) available to be picked up by Grand Prize Winner within 4 weeks after the Grand Prize Winner has completed and returned all required information and documents and has been verified as the eligible Grand Prize Winner in this contest. Station will contact Grand Prize Winner by phone at the phone number provided to Station when Vehicle is available to be picked up. Station will only be required to leave one (1) message at the telephone number provided by Grand Prize winner to Station in his or her entry. Station shall have no responsibility for any technical failures of answering machine. IN THE EVENT THERE IS A GRAND PRIZE WINNER, IF THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER DOES NOT PICK UP GRAND PRIZE WITHIN 60 DAYS AFTER NOTIFICATION THAT THE GRAND PRIZE IS AVAILABLE FOR PICK-UP, THE PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED, AS AND WHEN DETERMINED BY STATION (IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION). IN SUCH EVENT, THE PRIZE WILL NOT BE RE-AWARDED AND WILL REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF STATION.
20. Prizes are non-transferable. No family member, friend or other person will be allowed to accept the prize on behalf of the Grand Prize Winner.
21. Notarized affidavits and recorded statements may be required from the contest administrator, witness and Grand Prize Winner to verify compliance with terms and conditions.
22. The sponsors of this contest are: Olsen Cadillac, American Auto Transporters, Len Libby, Perfect Smiles, Kowloon Restaurant, and Entercom Boston, LLC
Other Rules Specific to This Contest
23. In addition to the eligibility restrictions set forth in the Station's general contest rules, employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the sponsors listed above and Million Dollar Media and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family (i.e., current and ex- spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings and in-laws and steps in any of the foregoing categories) and other household members (i.e., roommates, housemates, significant others, and partners of each legally residing at the same address) are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.
24. Station refers to "stockings" in these rules and in advertising this contest, however the stockings will actually be bags or something similar which contain the sealed prize envelopes. The bags will then be hung on the tree. References to "stockings" is for entertainment purposes only.
25. Station refers to "Howie's Cadillac" in these rules and in advertising this contest, however the Vehicle that might be won in this contest has never been owned by nor used by Howie Carr. The term "Howie's Cadillac" is being used for entertainment purposes only and is simply meant to identify the prize Vehicle, if won, as the same kind of car that Howie currently drives.
26. The Howie Carr Show is broadcast on unrelated Network radio stations in other parts of the United States and this contest will be announced and/or advertised during Howie's show. The listeners (on-air and online) of those stations/websites are eligible to enter this Contest as long as they comply with the contest rules (including, without limitation, eligibility requirement). However, potential entrants listening on Network radio stations are not entitled to call-in for a chance to qualify/win if the Howie Carr Show is broadcast on a delayed or recorded basis on the radio station or internet stream that he/she is then listening to (contact your local Network radio station to determine if the show is delayed in your area).
27. In the event that the Grand Prize Event needs to be rescheduled for any reason, such postponement will be announced on air and on the Station websites. It is the sole responsibility of each Qualifier to check the website and/or listen on-air for cancellation and/or rescheduling information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Station may (but is not obligated to) send a written, email or telephonic notice to Qualifiers regarding any rescheduling of the Grand Prize Event with the rescheduled date/time but in no event will Station or Sponsors have any liability or responsibility for any Qualifier's failure to receive the message for any reason or any Qualifier's inability to attend the event on the rescheduled date (and no alternative opportunities will be offered).