Home › Political Blogger Rules
Political Blogger Rules
WRKO’s Search For The Next Great Political Blogger
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Boston, LLC d/b/a WRKO LLC d/b/a WRKO Radio Network (collectively, “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the WRKO general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the WRKO general contest rules are available at the Station’s studios at 20 Guest Street in Brighton, MA 02135 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at WWW.WRKO.com. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
2. To enter, from October 18, 2010 beginning at 6am EST through 11:59pm on October 29, 2010 www.WRKO.com/blogger and complete the on-line entry form with your name, address, daytime telephone number, email address, and one sample of a your “political blog”. Blog should not exceed 500 words because Station will only read and/or post the first 500 words (as such term is reasonably defined by Station in its sole discretion). Blogs in excess of 500 words will not be disqualified but only the first 500 words will be considered part of the contest entry.
3. By submitting a blog, each Entrant represents and warrants that their submitted blog is an original creation by them and does not include, in whole or in part, any works created by another person or copyrighted material unless clearly and specifically credited to such person in the body of the blog where it is referenced and is only used to make a point rather than the substance of the entire submission. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST AND SUBMITTING BLOG, THE ENTRANT IS REPRESENTING TO STATION THAT THE USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF SUCH BLOG WILL NOT VIOLATE OR INFRINGE UPON THE RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COPYRIGHTS OF OTHERS. Entrants agree to indemnify Station should any representations and warranties in these contest rules prove to be false or inaccurate.
4. Entries must not contain any indecency, profanity, or obscenity as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right to edit out any material in an entry that it deems (in its sole discretion) to be questionable or inappropriate (for any reason).
5. By entering this contest, Entrants understand and agree that Station may elect to use any entry submitted for entertainment purposes and may choose to comment on, mock, poke fun at, and/or mimic any entry submitted. Entrants waive any right to make any claim against Station or any contest sponsors with respect to any comments - disparaging or otherwise - made regarding such Entrant’s entry.
6. THIS ENTRY IS A CONTEST ENTRY AND MAY NOT BE CONSTRUED IN ANY WAY AS A “JOB” APPLICATION OR AS A SUBMISSION TO WRKO FOR CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT.
7. Station reserves the right to post some or all of the entries on the Station’s website for entertainment purposes only.
8. WHETHER OR NOT SELECTED AS THE WINNER, ALL ENTRIES BECOME THE SOLE PROPERTY OF STATION AND MAY BE USED BY STATION IN ANY MEDIUM IT DEEMS DESIRABLE NOW OR IN THE FUTURE WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION TO THE ENTRANT.
9. STATION MAY ELECT (IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION) TO POST SOME OR ALL OF ANY ONE OR MORE OF THE ENTRIES ON WWW.WRKO.COM ON OR BEFORE OCTOBER 29, 2010 FOR ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES/SAMPLE PURPOSES. The posting of any entry or portion of such entry in such manner shall not mean or be interpreted to mean that such posted entry(ies) is or shall be selected as a Finalist in this contest.
How to Win
10. On or about the week of November 15, 2010, Station will select 10 entries as finalists in this contest that it likes best based on any lawful criteria the Station deems desirable (“Finalists”). Finalists will receive an email from the Station at the email address provided in the entry form instructing them to write a blog on a specific subject identified by the Station in that notification email. Finalists will have approximately 48 hours from the date such email is sent to each Finalist to write such blog in 500 words or less (words in excess will be disregarded by Station) and submit it to the Station at the return email address specified by that Station in the notification email. This new sample and the original blog submitted by each Finalist will be posted on www.WRKO.com on or before November 22, 2010. Failure to submit the required second round blog by the deadline by a Finalist will result in automatic disqualification of that Finalist. The provisions of Sections 3 through 8 above apply to this second round of Finalist blogs as well.
11. On or about November 23, 2010 through 11:59pm EST on December 11 , 2010, Station will instruct listeners to go to www.WRKO.com, click on the Search for the Next Great Political Blogger link and vote for their top blog entry. STATION IS NOT OBLIGATED TO DISPLAY ALL FINALIST ENTRIES RECEIVED IN THEIR ENTIRETY AS SET FORTH IN RULES # 2 & 4 ABOVE. ONLY THREE VOTES WILL BE PERMITTED PER IP ADDRESS IN THIS CONTEST. No registration is required in order to vote. Any vote received after the voting deadline will not be counted.
12. On or about December 17, 2010 (or later if tie-breaking procedures are implemented), Station will announce (online and by email notification to the potential grand prize winner) two (2) grand prize winners (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these contest rules) to win the grand prize. Such determination will be based solely on the number of votes each Finalist receives, with the two verified Finalists receiving the most votes being the grand prize winners pursuant to the requirements in these contest rules, but subject to the tie-breaking procedures described in Rule # 13 below.
13. In the event of any tie, Station staff and/or management will break the tie by selecting the one (1) tied entry that they like best based on any lawful criteria as determined by the Station judges in their sole discretion. In such event, the other tied Finalist entries that were not selected will be ranked next (for example, if there are 3 Finalists tied for first place, two of those three tied Finalist entries will be selected by Station as the two grand prize winners and the other Finalist with the top number of votes will not be a winner in this contest and neither will the Finalist entries who received the second most number of votes. NO MORE THAN TWO GRAND PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED IN THIS CONTEST AND THEY WILL ONLY BE AWARDED TO THE TOP TWO FINISHERS IN THIS CONTEST AS A WHOLE.
14. In the event that any potential grand prize winner or grand prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Station shall not be obligated to select or name an alternative grand prize winner. Any such decision to re-award a grand prize (if at all) shall be in the sole or absolute discretion of Station.
16. There will be up to two (2) Grand Prize winners in this contest, who will be awarded the following, subject to eligibility verification, verification of compliance with these contest rules and subject to the restrictions described below:
•An offer of a part-time, temporary job with WRKO as “Political Blogger” for WRKO.com from January 3, 2011 through December 31, 2011, subject to all of the following: (a) If he/she accepts such offer, the winner will be required to complete required employment documents and forms (proof of citizenship, drivers license, etc…), and sign a formal employment agreement with WRKO which shall set forth the rights and obligations of the employee during such term of employment, including, without limitation, the following: (a) as a temporary and part-time employee, the winner will NOT be entitled to participate in any employment benefits (medical, dental , 401K, etc..) otherwise generally offered to WRKO full-time employees (except to the extent required by law), (b) employee will be paid $9.61 cents per hour (less required tax withholdings) and shall in no event work more than 2 hours per day, 5 days per week, Monday through Friday unless additional hours are expressly agreed to in writing and in advance (in each instance) by the Vice President of wrko.com, (c) duties will entail writing one daily political-related blog (Monday through Friday only) to be posted daily on WRKO.com (but WRKO will not be obligated to post all such blogs), (d) employee shall comply with all station policies and applicable laws, perform his/her duties when and as instructed by WRKO management, (e) employee is subject to termination for cause prior to December 31, 2011 as defined in the employment agreement (reasons for “for cause” termination will include, without limitation, providing any services to any other media company during the term, failure to timely submit blogs and/or suspected plagiarism), (f) in no event will employee be permitted to assign or delegate his/her work to any other person, and (f) Station will not be obligated to use any of employee’s services or blogs but shall be required to compensate employee as set forth in the employment agreement until its expiration or earlier termination. On December 31, 2011, the
winner will automatically cease to be an employee of WRKO and must return all company property on or before such date.
(b) In the event that the winner refuses to accept such employment and/or refuses or fails to sign the employment agreement or complete other required employment documents by January 3, 2011 is terminated for cause at any time during the temporary employment period, or is disqualified for any reason, this prize and all associated benefits shall be forfeited and no alternative prize or cash equivalent will be provided.
(c) Grand prize is valued at up to approximately $5,000.00.
17. The winners will be responsible for all taxes applicable to any prizes they win in this contest (other than employment and associated benefits) and may receive a 1099 from Entercom or one or more of its sponsors. With respect to salary and other employment benefits received, if applicable, the employee will be subject to required payroll withholding and any tax imposed on such income/benefits by any local, state or federal taxing authority.
18. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are NOT redeemable for credit, are non-transferable and are non-endorsable. In the event a substitution for a prize is necessary due to unavailability, a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted at the sole discretion of WRKO.
19. The sponsors of this contest are Entercom Boston LLC, Entercom Providence, LLC and Entercom Springfield, LLC and Advantage Home Medical Equipment
Other Rules Specific to This Contest
20. ANY PERSON WHO HAS EVER BLOGGED FOR A MEDIA COMPANY OF ANY KIND FOR A FEE AT ANY TIME IN THE PAST OR CURRENTLY OR DURING THE CONDUCT OF THIS CONTEST WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN IN THIS CONTEST.
21. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the WRKO general contest rules, the votes received in this contest are the determining factor in determining the winners in this contest.