Top Reasons to Do Estate Planning
The general purpose and use of these family revocable trusts are to help an individual avoid the costs associated with the probate process, reduce and in many cases eliminate federal and state estate taxes, and ensure the proper disposition and control of their assets to their family members following their demise.
1. To reduce and possibly eliminate federal and state estate taxes.
2. To protect your assets from the cost of long term care.
3. To not impoverish your spouse.
4. To ensure your assets go where and how you want them distributed.
5. To ensure you avoid the whole probate process.
6. To help with financial services in the event of your incapacity.
7. To help with medical decisions in the event of your incapacity.
8. To protect assets from going to children who are not good with handling money or large assets.
9. To provide for special needs children or grandchildren.
10. To protect assets from your children’s future divorces.
Prepared by: Todd E, Lutsky, Esq. LLM Cushing & Dolan, P.C. Attorneys At Law Totten Pond Road Office Park 375 Totten Pond Road, Suite 200Waltham, MA 02451
Securities offered through Securities America Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC and advisory services offered through Securities America Advisors, Inc. Armstrong Advisory Group, Cushing & Dolan, WRKO and The Securities America Companies are unaffiliated. Representatives of Securities America Inc. do not provide legal or tax advice. The scenarios provided are for illustrative purposes only and not intended to represent client experiences of Armstrong Advisory Group or the Securities America companies. Please consult with a local attorney or tax advisor who is familiar with the particular laws of your state. July 2013.
Securities offered through Securities America, Inc. Member FINRA / SIPC. Advisory Services offered through Securities America Advisors, Inc., an SEC Registered Investment Adviser. Armstrong Advisory Group and the Securities America companies are unaffiliated.
We are licensed to sell securities in the following states: AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, HI, MA, ME, MO, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, SD, VA, VT, WA. We are RIA licensed in the following states: MA, NH. We are licensed to sell insurance in the following states: AZ, CT, FL, ME, MA, NH, NJ, RI, VT. Securities America and its Representatives do not give tax or legal advice. Please consult an appropriate professional regarding your particular situation.