Home › Blogs
I remember as a kid how impacted I was when Bobby Orr would correct the judges when he felt they were being too generous in awarding him an assist. These anecdotes about Barack suggest he takes the opposite approach.
Here's the story.
All gagga you silly people are over an ordinary speech that pretended to be about race.
Listen wackos, you want to fix the race problems in this country, here's what you have to do.
1) Never vote for another democrat
Democrats control the schools and the cities, and this is where black anger is nurtured. Democrats get everything they want for the schools, which happens not to include good results, but does include the agenda handed them by their partners in crime, the teachers' unions.
2) Get poor people an education.
The schools which are owned and operated by democrats celebrate diversity, inclusion, mainstreaming, sustainability, secularism, self-esteem, and a plethora of wonderful, good things. They just don't think its very important to educate people. The biggest scandal in modern America is that democrats give high school diplomas to people who can't read and write and speak english. What could be more racist than that?
Educate blacks for a generation or two, and they'll be too busy, too successful, and too savvy to be sitting in church listening to clever entertainers like Jeremiah Wright.
Why was Barack sitting there with all his education? How else does a Harvard educated light skinned black guy raised by two white women gain acceptance in the black community? He obviously doesn't buy into Wright's nonsense - no one believes that.
He cleverly made it seem that there was a larger concept at issue in the controversy over Pastor Wright, that of race, instead of having us stay on topic. The real topic is what in the world was Barack doing hanging around with this guy for 20 years. That's the discussion that should take place, but Barack seems to have succeeded in throwing the hounds off the scent.
However, he has been damaged, losing 15 points or so in people's minds when the pollsters ask if Barack has what it takes to unite the country. That's a body blow. But one Barack figures he can sustain. Let's be realistic - no one in the Obama camp thought he was going to get away with being an angel descended from above forever.
And they knew this blow was coming.... going back at least a year, when Barack started visibly distancing himself from Wright.
"I think it would be a great thing if we had an election year where you had two people who loved this country and were devoted to the interest of this country," Clinton said, "and people could actually ask themselves who is right on these issues, instead of all this other stuff that always seems to intrude itself on our politics.
"So that's my argument for her."
1) Barack et al have their passport records broken into. This is a ho hummer if there ever was one, right up there with the hospital workers who were having a chuckle looking at Brittany's medical records. The big news would be if this didn't happen. What I'd really like to know, however, is how the story came to be broken as a Barack only story (black man as victim), with Hillary and McCain only being added today.
2) The big news that Bill Richardson, who is now going thru his Al Gore beard-after-the-loss phase, and who garnered the support of a dozen or so voters during his presidential bid, endorsed Barack today. Another ho hummer that somehow deserved top billing.
3) News that just days after Barack gave the greatest speech in human history, Hillary was now trying to use race against him!!! Poor Barack. Shameful Hillary. I say she's just acting like a white person who used to be first lady, but ABC News is not going as easy on her.
Oh, ya. While I was probably the only American to watch the interview in its entirety, Larry King seemed oddly self-conscious and uncomfortable hitting his usual gentle serves to Barack for a full hour last night. It was like he'd agreed to a list of questions submitted by the Obama campaign and was suffering a flicker of nostalgia for his long lost journalistic integrity. At the end, after a disengaged and awkward hour, Larry tried to close:
We've been talking with, ah (he pauses and looks down at his notes) Barack Obama!
The best moment of the night was when King read a particularly generous quote from the New York Times "analysis" of the greatest political speech ever given and asked Barack what he made of it.
Check out Ferraro's response to Barack's completely inappropriate attempt to equate her statement that Barack is a man of the moment, and part of that moment includes his being black, with the mean spirited sermons of Rev Wright.