Dreamstime Images

North End fire kills two, sends family to the hospital

Careless disposal of smoking materials could be to blame

November 22, 2017 - 8:35 am

Two people died in a North End fire early Wednesday morning. A 33-year-old man died after jumping from a window. The second victim, a 58-year-old man was found inside the apartment.

Crews were called to the Hanover Street building around 1 a.m. Wednesday. The building includes several apartments at the Trattoria II Panino.

A mother, father and 3-year-old child were rescued by firefighters and taken to the hospital.

Boston fire officials say the fire started in a second-floor apartment, and say careless disposal of cigarettes could be to blame.

Boston fire officials say these are the first fire fatalities in the city this year.

Comments ()